I came to Crossfit in August 2011 after spending two unsatisfying years at various gyms looking for a level of athletic intensity similar to my collegiate swimming training and competition. After a close friend and former teammate told me about CrossFit, she encouraged me to find a local affiliate and try out a free class. Since then I've been hooked, and feel stronger and fitter than I did when I was an NCAA athlete. My first workout left me with that "satisfied" feeling that I felt after a tough set or a race. I knew immediately that CrossFit Milwaukee would be my new home.
As a teacher, the scheduling demands of work, lesson planning, and grading were a big obstacle to staying in shape. CrossFit's high intensity workouts yielded fast measurable results and left no room for the excuses I made to avoid going to the gym. The truth was, I hated going to the gym and "working out" without a purpose.
Now as a trainer, my objective is to provide clients with a similar experience, and help everyone meet their individual athletic and lifestyle goals.
- CrossFit Level 1 Instructor
- 2005 Wisconsin High school state champion in the 200 IM
- Finalist in the Big East Championships in 2006 and 2007, and placed 10th at the Big Ten Championships in 2008 and 2009 in the 400 IM.
- Voted "Hardest Worker" for the 2007-08 swim season at the University of Minnesota
- Team Captain at Minnesota for 2008-09 swim season, when the team finished 11th in the nation.
- Trained with multiple national champions and Olympians during college career.
- Swim Coach at Marquette University High School
- Special education teacher for Milwaukee Public Schools
- Competed in multiple triathlons and open water swimming events.
Favorite WOD: "The Chief"